Christopher Kimball - "Milk Street: The New Rules"
**This is a ticketed event. Your $10 ticket includes a food tasting at the event of recipes from the cookbook! You can buy tickets in-store or by phone at 781-431-1160 (no fees), or online by using the Eventbrite form above. Every attendee must have a ticket; buying a copy of the book is not a substitute for a ticket. Please note that you must buy your copy of the cookbook from Wellesley Books in order to meet Christopher at the event and have him sign your book.**
ABOUT THE COOKBOOK
Transform your cooking with this playbook of new flavors, new recipes, and new techniques: Milk Street's New Rules, a playbook of 200 game-changing recipes, each driven by a simple but powerful tip, trick, or technique.
This revelatory new book from James Beard Award-winning author Christopher Kimball defines 75 new rules of cooking that will dramatically simplify your time in the kitchen and improve your results. These powerful principles appear in more than 200 recipes that teach you how to make your food more delicious and interesting, like:
- Charred Broccoli with Japanese-Style Toasted Sesame Sauce (Rule No. 9: Beat Bitterness by Charring)
- Lentils with Swiss Chard and Pomegranate Molasses (Rule No. 18: Don't Let Neutral Ingredients Stand Alone)
- Bucatini Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes and Fresh Sage (Rule No. 23: Get Bigger Flavor from Supermarket Tomatoes)
- Soft-Cooked Eggs with Coconut, Tomatoes, and Spinach (Rule No. 39: Steam, Don't Boil, Your Eggs)
- Pan-Seared Salmon with Red Chili-Walnut Sauce (Rule No. 44: Stick with Single-Sided Searing)
- Curry-Coconut Pot Roast (Rule No. 67: Use Less Liquid for More Flavor)
You'll also learn how to:
- Tenderize tough greens quickly
- Create creamy textures without using dairy
- Incorporate yogurt into baked goods
- Trade time-consuming marinades for quick, bright finishing sauces, and more
The New Rules are simpler techniques, fresher flavors, and trustworthy recipes that just work--a book full of lessons that will make you a better cook.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Christopher Kimball's Milk Street is located in downtown Boston--at 177 Milk Street--and is home to a cooking school, a bimonthly magazine, and public television and radio shows. They are the authors of Milk Street: The New Home Cooking, Milk Street: Tuesday Nights, which won both the IACP and James Beard Awards for General Cooking, and Milk Street: The New Rules.